Pages

Saturday 18 April 2009

SOMETHING NEW! ALTERED FRAMES!


I was at ArtFriend the other day, just browsing .... and came upon these chipboard frames..... Hmmmm.... my mind was already considering their possibilities..... 
Here's the completed piece! This is for Sihui! No special reason.... just that I thought of her and I liked how her photos came out.... photos she tried NOT to let me take! Sorry... I was quite a pest! ; ))

How I did this:
1) Stamp flourishes and swirls using Autumn Leaves's clear stamps & Versamark's Sepia ink.
2) Use Colorbox Catseye chalk ink to edge it, to give a "burnt" look.... use Chestnut & Dark Brown.
3) ModPodge it using Plaid's antique clear varnish.... leave overnight to dry.
4) The background paper was from my new stack of DCWV La Creme stack. Flowers from Prima Flowers Gel-a-tin collection... Title & name cut from my Cricut and BossKut Adore Alphabet.....



No comments: